Feb. 26, 2015
Mahoning County Land Bank, a nonprofit community improvement corporation, seeks an experienced, part-time Housing Demolition Specialist.
The Specialist will work with the Director of Planning, Acquisitions and Dispositions to oversee the demolition of abandoned residential structures in Mahoning County. The ideal candidate must be a self-starting individual with reasoning ability and problem solving skills.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Works directly with contractors and assists with project management from project inception to completion.
- Tracks incoming inventory and inspects and evaluates for demolition or possible rehabilitation.
- Manage asbestos testing and contract award procedures.
- Manage utility disconnection requests.
- Update Land Bank and City of Youngstown databases as needed.
- Manage asbestos abatement estimates, contract awards, EPA notices and inspection processes.
- Manage demolition quotes, contract awards and EPA notice processes.
- Manages demolition process including on-site project monitoring; photographs; sewer cap, foundation removal and pre-backfill inspections; and final inspections, all within deadlines.
- Accepts additional duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. An individual also must possess a valid driver’s license and provide proof of automobile insurance.
Education and/or Experience:
- 3 years’ experience performing or managing housing demolition and asbestos abatement work for a private firm or a local, state or federal government office, or equivalent; OR
- 3 years’ experience performing or managing zoning code enforcement, housing nuisance, and/or housing rehabilitation, or equivalent; OR
- Working knowledge of demolition and asbestos abatement work, including bidding, contract and inspection issues, or equivalent.
- Ability to evaluate structures for demolition or rehabilitation.
- Ability to interpret asbestos inspection reports.
- Ability to write and interpret specifications and contracts.
- Ability to issue EPA 10-day asbestos abatement and demolition notices.
- Ability to use database technology, including mobile technology.
- Ability to organize a diverse set of tasks and create an efficient daily schedule.
- Ability to communicate in a professional manner with contractors, their representatives and employees of the organization.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to multi-task and manage several projects at one time with all taking priority.
Hourly wage commensurate with experience. Resumes and cover letters should be submitted to Debora Flora, Executive Director, Mahoning County Land Bank, 20 W. Federal St., Suite M5-A, Youngstown, OH, 44503. No calls, please.
Equal Opportunity Employer