Meetings of the Board of Directors of Mahoning County Land Bank will now be bimonthly instead of monthly. Meetings dates for the remainder of 2017 are as follows:
- Aug. 22
- Oct. 24
- Dec. 26 (or as revised by the Board of Directors)
Also, Board of Directors meetings will be held in the new Mahoning County Land Bank office, 20 Federal Place building, 20 W. Federal St., Suite 202, downtown Youngstown.
Mahoning County Land Bank, a nonprofit community improvement corporation, seeks an experienced, full-time Housing Disposition Manager.
The Manager will work with the Director of Planning, Acquisitions and Dispositions to oversee the demolition or renovation of abandoned residential structures in Mahoning County. The ideal candidate must be a self-starting individual with reasoning ability and problem solving skills.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Works directly with contractors and assists with project management from project inception to completion.
- Tracks incoming inventory; inspects and evaluates for demolition or possible rehabilitation.
- Manages asbestos testing and contract award procedures.
- Manages utility disconnection requests.
- Manages asbestos abatement estimates, contract awards, EPA notices and inspection processes.
- Manages demolition quotes, contract awards and EPA notice processes.
- Manages demolition process including on-site project monitoring; photographs; sewer cap, foundation removal and pre-backfill inspections; and final inspections, all within deadlines.
- Manages post-demolition greening activities.
- Manages housing renovation activities, including showing properties to prospective buyers, securing code inspection reports and monitoring progress of renovation projects.
- Verifies and processes contractors’ invoices.
- Updates databases as needed.
- Accepts additional duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. An individual also must possess a valid driver’s license and provide proof of automobile insurance.
Education and/or experience:
- 3 years’ experience performing or managing housing demolition and asbestos abatement work for a private firm or a local, state of federal government office; OR
- 3 years’ experience performing or managing housing construction, rehabilitation, landscaping, heavy equipment operation, nuisance abatement and/or asbestos abatement work – including bidding, contract and inspection issues – for a private firm or a local, state or federal government office; OR
- An equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to evaluate structures for demolition or rehabilitation.
- Ability to interpret asbestos inspection reports.
- Ability to write and interpret specifications and contracts.
- Ability to issue EPA 10-day asbestos abatement and demolition notices.
- Ability to use database technology, including mobile technology.
- Ability to navigate and upload content to web sites.
- Ability to organize a diverse set of tasks and create an efficient daily schedule.
- Ability to maintain standards of quality.
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing in a professional manner with contractors, their representatives, employees of the organization and citizens.
- Some jobs require travel.
- Some jobs require an employee to be exposed to inclement weather conditions.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to multi-task and manage several projects at one time with all taking priority.
Resumes and cover letters should be submitted to Debora Flora, Executive Director, Mahoning County Land Bank, 20 W. Federal St., Suite M5-A, Youngstown, OH, 44503 by March 31, 2017.
Equal Opportunity Employer